Feeble BMX FEEBLEBMX.COM Logo

Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome!
Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! BMX NewsBMX ForumBMX PhotosBC SkateparksBMX Videos
TAG WALL +-
STATUS +-
SESSIONATOR +-
NEWS +-
FORUM +-
PHOTOS +-
BCPARKS +-
BROKENVCR +-
LINKS +-
FBMX BMX Forum
Try not to be an asshole.
Home | User list | Rules | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
FBMX BMX Forum / Tech Help / back tire Moderated by mattesque  
Author
Message Pages: 1
notanasshole

Ok, so I am such an fing newb.  I went to 3 ride and bought two front specific tires!  Anyway, what is a good back trailsy tire to run with a duo gunner on the front?

Mar. 01, 2009 9:59 PM

j
Administrator

I think those new WTP tires look good... but I've never tried one.

My favorite back tires from lightest to heaviest are:

KHE Street with double tubes 2.1, Fly Ruben back tire or street tire 2.1, Animal ASM or Animal GLH.

Out of those I'd probably say the Fly is my favorite except it's pretty fun to fly around in july and august when it's super dry on those animal ASM tires.

Or just run the DUO Gunner front and back. If you don't grind rough street ledges it will work fine. It's basically just a Dirt Monster type tire. Quickish dirt tread for hard pack and cement with thin sidewalls to keep the weight down. Not good for grinding the tire against rough brick ledges but fine for everything else.

Mar. 02, 2009 6:55 PM

notanasshole

Thanks so much J.  As always your advice and input is appreciated.  I too love the Fly tires.  If I was building up a super machine I'd definitely run those.  As for right now I might just run the Duo front and keep the Animal I currently leave for a while longer.  Could you please organize some rides for right now short notice like?  Anyhoo, much obliged.

Mar. 02, 2009 11:58 PM

Flash

I think I'm still run primo walls.. LOL.

Mar. 03, 2009 2:02 PM

notanasshole

What do you mean J when you say with double tubes?  You mean two tubes in a tire?

Mar. 03, 2009 4:38 PM

2_2
My reality Check just bounced

a second tube to stop shit from slicing the tube up because they are so god damn thin.. a good tire is the new WTP tires both are strong and good against glass im running the kevlar folding tires and ive ridden over alot of glass and only had 2 flats 1 from a thumb tack... (try to stop that) and a really sharp shard of glass on a worn down tire

Mar. 03, 2009 8:06 PM
j
Administrator

Yeah you just cut an old tube. Cut the valve out and then cut it lengthwise along the inner diameter.

Then you can use it as a tire liner to get a little extra flat protection.

Mar. 03, 2009 8:40 PM

notanasshole

cool, i see.

Mar. 05, 2009 8:50 PM

Pages: 1    
Jump to