Feeble BMX FEEBLEBMX.COM Logo

Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome!
Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! BMX NewsBMX ForumBMX PhotosBC SkateparksBMX Videos
TAG WALL +-
STATUS +-
SESSIONATOR +-
NEWS +-
FORUM +-
PHOTOS +-
BCPARKS +-
BROKENVCR +-
LINKS +-
FBMX BMX Forum
Try not to be an asshole.
Home | User list | Rules | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
FBMX BMX Forum / Tech Help / Animal GLH Moderated by mattesque  
Author
Message Pages: 1
notanasshole

Okay, so I've had these tires for while now.  I just got a new one.  I've seen several bike checks now from Pro to flow and I've seen the tire mounted with the treads opposite ways.  ?

Apr. 17, 2009 12:15 AM

djfivejames
valuable member

in the back it doesn't really matter, and in the front it's easy to fix (flip the wheel around).  When its mounted backwards, it wont swoosh dirt and water off the tire like the tread pattern is designed to do if its mounted the right way.

Apr. 17, 2009 11:23 AM

j
Administrator

Forward is towards the top left corner in this photo.

On most tires they only have one printed logo... this logo should go on the right hand side of the wheel.

(and line the logo up with the valve stem to make it easier to find debris in the tire if you start getting random flats.)

On tires with logos on both sides you just have to figure it out. When you are on the bike looking down on your front wheel directional tread should look like an arrow pointing forwards.

//\\

Apr. 17, 2009 12:35 PM

notanasshole

Thanks a lot guys.  I have it in the back and I mounted it like you showed J.  I guess some guys mount it different for grinds and some just don't care.

Apr. 17, 2009 12:59 PM

Flash

but..... but, some people ride their bikes backwards as well. The best tip is label by the valve to find stuff, J gave me this tip years ago and it helps alot with fixing flats.

Apr. 17, 2009 7:20 PM

brrtt
true champ

i ran mine backwards for 2 years till i decided to turn it around propor... made no differance.

Apr. 25, 2009 1:56 PM

Pages: 1    
Jump to